Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Back!

I haven't posted anything for a while. I've been very busy, but I've
decided to get back into the 'swing' of things and to start back writing
again! Hopefully, you will enjoy what I'm bringing back and the issues
I'll be addressing.

I haven't stopped reading. In fact, I'm sure that I've been reading more
than ever. As usual, there is no shortage of issues to inform you of in
this modern age of rapid change. But I have made a few changes in my
thinking.

I don't want to appear to be a pessimist, even though we are
experiencing a 'correction' in the financial arena in America. Let's
not kid ourselves: we in America have been living very affluent
lifestyles! Unfortunately, the last 10-15 years have been financed on
credit. We all know that we 'reap what we sow', so it stands to reason
that the bubbles that were used to finance our crazy purchases must
deflate eventually. We will survive, although it probably won't be as
pleasant as the environment to which we've been accustomed. Is that
pessimism, or is it realism? I've heard it said that fortunes are much
more easy to build during down financial times than in good financial
times. Also, you can live off of a lot less in down financial times
than in better financial times! I guess that it's all a matter of
perspective...

In any event, I'll be working to provide a more balanced perspective on
things in the future. I hope that you can find value in them...

No comments: