Monday, February 12, 2007

Rense.com is Down!!!

I was trying to access rense.com all weekend, but I couldn't do it from work or from home! I came to work this morning and tried again, but to no avail, I just got an error message, not even an 'Error 404' message. I did a search on Google, and found that people that get the Rense show reported that Jeff was having people switch servers, but that they also found that he hadn't been backing his show and web page up since last August! Hopefully, we won't lose all of the information that he had on the site. I know that I've linked to a number of the articles that he references, as well as many links to articles that are (were) on his web site. I guess that it just goes to show you that you can't trust others with 100% of your business. An old axiom that I learned in business is that you, "Trust, but verify." Business is business, and can't be left to chance or random fate.

Luckily, there are other sites online that also have significant amounts of information. But there was something special about rense.com. I think that it is because he didn't care about what others thought or about what was 'politically-correct' (an oxymoron if I ever heard one). I didn't agree with all the articles on his site (who agrees 100% with anyone or anything?), but I held his site with the highest of regards. I hope that he can recreate his site ASAP. And it would not be outside the realm of possibility that his site was hacked or purposely taken down through foul play or intrigue...

No comments: